Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Inactive Prep Time: 3 hr 0 min
- Cook Time: --
- Level: Easy
- Serves: 8 to 12 servings
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 6 tablespoons orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 1 pound mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 28 soft ladyfingers or 2 (12-ounce) pound cakes, cut into 3 by 1 by 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 (1/2 dry pint) baskets fresh raspberries (about 3 3/4 cups total)
- Confectioners' sugar, for serving
Stir the jam and 4 tablespoons of the orange liqueur in a small bowl to blend.
Combine the mascarpone and remaining 2 tablespoons of orange liqueur in a large bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large rubber spatula, stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture to lighten. Fold the remaining whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
Line the bottom of a13 by 9 by 2-inch glass baking dish or other decorative serving dish with half of the ladyfingers. Spread half of the jam mixture over the ladyfingers. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the jam mixture, then cover with half of the fresh raspberries. Repeat layering with the remaining ladyfingers, jam mixture, mascarpone mixture and raspberries. Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
Dust with the confectioners' sugar and serve.