|Apple Butternut Squash Risotto|
Ingredients for 6 Servings
• 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• ¼ Yellow onion, diced
• ½ Cup Parmesan Reggiano, grated
• 1½ Cups Carnaroli rice
• ¼ Cup Mascarpone cheese
• ¾ Cups white wine
• 2 Cup feta chese
• Salsa verde
• 7 Cups hot water, chicken or vegetable stock
• 1 Cup Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
• 3 Cups butternut squash puree
• ½ Cup toasted hazelnuts, lightly chopped
1. Sweat the onion in the olive oil until completely soft, approx. 15 minutes. Add rice, let toast, and cook for 5 minutes. Add white wine and let the wine completely cook out, stirring often.
2. Add hot water, vegetable stock or chicken stock, using one ladle at a time, stirring all the time until all the liquid is gone. Fold in the butternut squash puree, followed by the parmesan and mascarpone, adjust the consistency if necessary with warm water. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Divide into six shallow bowls and scatter the diced apple and hazelnuts on top and drizzle with salsa verde.