|(Interview) Chef Jason Roberts and his Chicken Chimichanga|
A recipe of Jason Roberts
Here's another quick and easy recipe that I love making at home. Originally deep fried, served with sour cream and mozzarella, I have modified it to reduce saturated fat content. Served as a meal or as a snack is entirely up to you, enjoy.
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 spanish onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 lb. minced chicken
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes (14 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup low-fat mozzarella
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream (optional)
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan (save the additional 2 Tbsp for later), add the onion and garlic and cook until soft, add dry spices, and cook for a further 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add in the minced chicken, and cook until meat has browned, add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes. If it's looking a little dry, add a little water to moisten. Stir through the coriander and set aside to cool.
- Place mixture down the centre of the tortillas, sprinkle with grated cheese, tuck in the sides and roll up
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp oil up in a frying pan. Place the tortilla roll-up, seam side down. Cook on a low heat til golden. Turn and cook on all sides until crisp.
- To serve, carve in half, serve with wedges of avocado, a scoop of the sour cream and maybe topped with a few extra coriander leaves.