|Arugula Salad with Balsamic and Toasted Hazelnuts|
Ingredients1/4 cup hazelnuts
1 shallot, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 cups baby arugula
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toast the hazelnuts on a baking sheet until lightly golden brown, shaking the pan occasionally to jostle the nuts and ensure they cook evenly, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Rub the hazelnuts between your palms to remove the dark skins from the nuts.
- Very coarsely chop the hazelnuts.
- Blend the shallot, mustard, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the vinegar in a blender until very finely chopped.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of vinegar and blend until smooth.
- With the blender on low, slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss the arugula in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mound the salad on 4 plates, dividing equally.
- Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.