|(Interview) "A Return to Sunday Dinner" with Russll Cronkhite's succotash|
Recipes from "A Return to Sunday Dinner" - Russell CronkhiteIngredients:
1) 4 cups freshly cooked Corn Kernels
2) 4 cups freshly cooked Lima Beans
3) 4 cups sliced Summer Squash
4) 1 cup thinly sliced Sweet Onions
5) 2 tbs. chopped fresh Dill
6) 1 head Bibb or Butter Lettuce - cleaned (optional)
7) The Dressing
For the Dressing
1) ½ cup Salad Oil
2) 3 tbs. Dijon-style Mustard
3) 3 tbs. Cider Vinegar
4) 3 tbs. Sugar
5) ½ tsp. Celery Seeds
6) ½ tsp. Salt
1) In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all the ingredients.
2) Bring to a simmer.
1) In a large bowl...combine the corn, lima beans, squash, sweet onions, and
the chopped dill...as well as the lettuce.
2) Reserve 4 tablespoons of the dressing to drizzle over the finished dish,
and pour the remaining warm dressing over the succotash.
4) Toss well, and let stand at room temperature until service.
1) Arrange the succotash in the center of chilled places.
2) Place the fillets on top of the succotash and drizzle with the extra dressing.