3 oz halibut filet
2 tablespoons carrot, diced small
2 tablespoons fennel , diced small
1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
1 tablespoon onion, diced small
1 tablespoon celery, sliced
1 teaspoon fennel seed
2 teaspoons olive oil
5 garlic cloves, sliced
1 cup Spicy Hot Low Sodium V8
1 cup Low Sodium V8
2 tablespoons Healthy Request Cream of Chicken
Half lemon, juiced and its zest
2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
1/4 slice whole wheat bread
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. In a sauté pan, sweat 3 cloves of garlic, thyme, oregano, fennel seed, carrot, onion, celery and fennel in 1 teaspoon olive oil until they release their aroma and soften.
2. Add the Spicy Hot Low Sodium V8, Low Sodium V8 and clams and reduce on a simmer. When the clams open, you can remove them and hold for final presentation. When reduced by a third, swirl in the chopped basil and lemon zest.
3. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil, and after seasoning the fish, shrimp & scallop with a 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, sear them until just done, finishing them with a sprinkle of parsley and lemon juice and zest. Hold them with the clams for final presentation.
5. Mix the Cream of Chicken with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon olive oil and remaining garlic, minced.
6. Spread this on the toasted bread.
7. To present, lay the sauce (stew) on the bottom of a shallow bowl and the fish fillet in the center of the bowl. Lay the toast on top of the fish and the shellfish on top of the toast.
Recipe courtesy of Richard Blais